Thursday, January 13, 2011

Good Morning interweb.

Last week I choose to rather impromptly pull a vanishing act and left an impending cold front likely to drop a foot of snow for the sunny warmth of Florida. I had three main objectives this trip.

1. Deliver salsa to the victor of my College Football regular season game I started in August for friends from the wdwcp: Karen who oddly was on vacation in Florida.

2. To surprise many friends. Karen didn't know I was coming down, just the same way the rest of my friends didn't either. However more on surprising Karen in a moment.

3. To help introduce new cp's to Disney and more importantly to decompress from the busy Christmas wedding season and finals.

Now granted, I had gone down to Florida in October during Fall Break Disney has not released their grip on me yet. The trip itself was only a week but felt like it passed by in a flash. I got to see my old roomates Will and Austin, surprise my old 9103 neighbor Tori and above all help with the biggest surprise of them all.

I told you we would circle back to surprising Karen. Karen was actually the first person I met just before I started the wdwcp last January while at EPCOT with my mom. Fittingly it was also almost one year ago since we met so the trip (from the standpoint of a writer) had a lot of layered meaning. Now me being me I never show my hand completely until the showdown. During the cp, Karen presgained me into being her wingman of sorts on a date with another cp, Robby. I was the failsafe if the date went completely to part which I hoped it wasn't because from what I had heard from Karen before this, Robby seemed like a great guy. (Didn't like my salsa and was from Alabama, but that is neither here nor there at the moment) Since then Robby and Karen's relationship grew strong and i've become very good friends with both of them.

On Christmas Eve, during my familial tradition of eating pizza before watching Christmas Vacation, Robby sends me a picture text. I open it and promptly start choking on pizza. A ring flashed up from my iPhone and this got the wheels turning.

Needless to say under veil of secrecy within hours my trip was booked.

On January 4th 2011, beneath the twinkling glow of Cinderella's Castle after Wishes illuminated the night sky, Robby proposed to Karen.

This has been my second time helping a friend propose to his girlfriend, and oddly the first time was with my friends Kevin and Emily at Disneyland two years ago. Disney holds magic for everyone and with the "Let the Memories Begin" campaign going on now at WDW, I can honestly say that some of the greatest memories I've made and have helped with have begun at Disney.

0 comments:

Post a Comment